Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tyranid Tuesday

Alright, so some of you may know that I play Warhammer 40k, it is a tabletop war game set in the grimdark future of the 41st millennium! I have roughly two thousand points of Eldar, and with the release of the new Tyranids have decided to start a Tyranid swarm!


It is a daunting task though, so many awesome models, I'm not sure where to start. Definitely out of my comfort zone as far as play style goes... my Eldar are lightning quick and unleash an ungodly amount of firepower... I was to make these nids close combat focused -as their fluff would suggest... if you have never heard of Warhammer, check out the two videos I have linked below... they serve as thoughtful inspiration for science fiction writing, and many writers may find their lore and the other lore intriguing!

Eldar Lore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PdT7nnALo

Tyranid Lore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsHRsuMW9_0

anyway, comment below if you are excited for the new models! Or have found the two videos above interesting/inspiring for any of your world building!

For the gamers out there, I am thinking of making a swarm using the new sporemines. Taking 6 as my troop choice (2x3 units or 3x 2 units) and drop podding in 3 fex. The mines will drop and contain the enemy, or disrupt their lines, then the fex will drop and wreck vehicles and everything else while being covered by the shooting of the pods and the flyrants... think it'll work?

-Matt

Follow me on Twitter! @MattTaylor1776  I will follow back I swear!
Like and share this post, become part of my little writing community!
If you are participating in NaNoWriMo add me to your writing buddies! = MatthewTaylor1776

No comments:

Post a Comment