Sunday, November 30, 2014

Finished NaNoWriMo 2014!

I finished NaNoWriMo this year, at a word count of: 50,537 words!

Boy it was a challenge. But it was a good experience, being encouraged to write an entire novel in one month. I didn't really hit that lull some writers get when you hit the mid point in your story, because I didn't really have time to get tired of the idea. I'm glad it's over, it was a great feeling of accomplishment, ready for 2015!

I wrote a novel with a female lead, which was different! It's weird as a male to write a female roll, I'm never sure if how I'm saying something, or the details my character is noticing, is genuinely what a girl would notice. Example: My mom pointed out the waitresses ring tonight at dinner because she thought it was pretty. My dad and I never even looked at her ring or hand to see if there was any jewelry. The novel is set in 1865 America, but the civil war has stalled out since the southern generals used more defensive tactics to mitigate the differences in manpower. The main character is a gunslinger who hunts down monsters, and the magic system in this world is called Cattlemancy, which is temporary augmentations granted by little vials of brewed liquid taken from the cattle and mixed with voodoo Indian rituals to result in a specific enhancement for a certain period of time. Anyway that's all I'm going to say about it for now. Back to formatting my first short story for kindle, will be releasing it later this month! (December)

Did you guys participate this year? What was your experience like? Let me know in the comments below!

Follow me on twitter and I'll follow back! @MattTaylor1776

Thanks,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment