Saturday, December 6, 2014

"Heedless" Short Story Progress: With pictures of book cover progress.

First concept: Very comic book looking, more cartoon-like

Earlier Concept: Testing out crimson uniform.
Heedless Semi-Final Cover Concept: Black uniform, black duster, medals and badges still need to be added.

Alright so in the next week or so, my first short story, "Heedless", will be up for preorder on Amazon Kindle! My friend Joshua made this lovely piece, you can see more of his work at http://www.joshuapapaleo.com/ .

That is the main character in the story, Jax Jensen. These three short stories I am releasing are going to be a preceding trilogy to a series of novels featuring him and his universe (which I have been calling the Jensen-verse... its a working title...). I can't decide what to call the short story collections, I was thinking "The Jax Jensen Trilogy" so, Heedless would be scrawled across the top, then beneath would read "Book 1 of the Jax Jensen Trilogy". My only issue with that is, what do I do with the longer novels once those are out?"

What do you all think? Eye catching? We are trying to decide what to do with the background, right now, as pictured above, it is just a black to grey gradient. (Or should I say grey-dient -hahaha!)

Anyway, comment below and let me know what you all think! I would love to hear input, if you like the artwork, go checkout my buddy Josh's site, it is still in its early stages, but I know he has some stuff up there right now. He will be doing the next three covers as well!

Follow me on twitter! @MattTaylor1776

I love talking to new people, especially those who share my interests! So, if you want to talk about writing, war gaming, or anything really, just leave a comment, shoot me a tweet, send me a pigeon!

Thanks for reading,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment